Society of Emotional Intelligence
The Society of Emotional Intelligence is pleased to present Certification Workshops on Emotional Intelligence through the application of the Emotional Quotient Inventory, or EQ-i 2.0®. Hank Clemons, PhD, is a Certified EQ-i 2.0® trainer by Multi-Health Systems (MHS) and offers an informative and effective program to learn about using the EQ-i 2.0® in your organization, business, or clinical practice. Successful participants are certified by MHS to purchase and administer the Bar On EQ-i 2.0® and EQ-360®.
The EQ-i 2.0® (developed by Reuven BarOn, Ph.D) has been used by over one million individuals worldwide making the EQ-i 2.0® the first scientifically developed and validated measure of emotional intelligence. It measures one’s ability to deal with daily environmental pressures and demands. A growing body of research also suggests that emotional intelligence is a better predictor of success in life than cognitive intelligence (IQ)
EQ-i 2.0® Certification Workshops are designed to meet the needs of professionals who work in the areas of human resources, recruitment, employee relations, coaching, organizational development, executive development, and clinicians. As part of becoming a certified user of the EQ-i 2.0® & EQ-360®, you will learn firsthand how to make optimal use of this emotional intelligence tool in your organization or area of practice.
What you will gain from the EQ-i 2.0® workshops?
- American Psychological Association Continuing Education Credits*
- Qualification to purchase and administer the EQ-i 2.0®
- Qualification to purchase and administer the EQ-360®
- Effectiveness in giving developmental feedback to your employees and/or clients
- Information you need to make educated and informed decisions about your employees and/or clients
- Knowledge and tools to present on the topic of Emotional Intelligence and EQ-i 2.0®
- Familiarization with all aspects of the instrument for effective and responsible use
What you will recieve:
- A blended learning solution that enables you to do parts of the certification online, saving you time and travel costs
- 2 days of interactive in-class portion focused on building the skills you will need in order to use the EQ-i 2.0® with confidence
- A virtual classroom where you access elearning pre-work as well as the online exam
- 2 days of Instructor led “hands-on” instruction
- Breakfast and refreshments each day
- Administration of the EQ-i 2.0® with a one hour personalized feedback and interpretation
- Certification by Multi-Health Systems in Toronto (required to purchase/use EQ-i 2.0®)
- A detailed technical manual and copy of EQ Edge, by Steven Stein and Howard Book.
- Follow-up consultation sessions with EQ-i 2.0® Certified Trainers to assist in your application of the tool.
More about the certification process: Here
If, for any reason, you must cancel training after registration is complete (payment of fee signifies registration), SoEI will refund the registration fee less $300 for EQ-i 2.0® and $100 for EQ-360 for administrative/processing fees, if notification is received at least 30 days in advance of the workshop. Remaining credit be applied for another program. .No refund will be made if notification is received within 30 days of the workshop. If we cancel the workshop we will do so 30 days before the session and allow full refund or credit to the next program. You are responsible for food, travel and lodging expenses and arrangements. We will not reimburse for change fees due to any cancellations by either party.
EQ-i 2.0/360 Certification
Gain a competitive advantage - get certified!
- Grow your business by using the EQ-i 2.0® as a catalyst for building your client development action plan. Diversify your practice by using the EQ-i 2.0® in a variety of ways: leadership development, selection, executive coaching and much, much more. Be an internal emotional intelligence trainer, coach, OD consultant - Be the expert your organization turns to.
- Become an authority in emotional intelligence.
City, State, Zip :
Or, phone us at: 813.431.9786
SoEI Member: $1595.00
Non Member: $1695.00
Registration and payment must be made at least 2 weeks prior to certification workshop
Payments made by check must be received at least two weeks prior to the certification workshop.
Make check payable to:
Society of Emotional Intelligence
PO Box 341738
Tampa, FL 33694
2014 EQ-i 2.0 Certification
Register at least 2 weeks before scheduled workshop, pre-work required. Online participants receive course material via UPS.
2014 Certification Dates/Locations
- March 14-15 Tampa, FL (In-person)
- Aug 1-2 Orlando, FL (In-person)
- Oct 22-23 Tampa (In-person)*
* Includes a free conference registration.
Live Online, Virtual Training
Class size limited to eight (8).
Live online sessions use videoconferencing technology (PC & MAC compatible) and include the same content and benefits of an in-person workshop without the time and expense of travel. Using live webcams, participants are able to interact with each other and instructor.
Our design allows for focus on practical application techniques for the most effective development outcomes.
Certification web-based classroom gives you essential information for using the EQ- i 2.0 and EQ 360 tools. We use the latest in Online Training Technology that allows for a highly interactive training session.
training also available
Testimonials from past Attendees
"The best part of the SoEI training is the personal attention delivered by Hank Clemons. Hank genuinely cares about your optimum learning and works hard to ensure you walk away from the learning experience with “ready now” capabilities. I would recommend the SoEI training to anyone who wants to develop proficiency in EQi".
Kevin J. Jones, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Management
"This was one of the best workshops I have ever attended. The venue, materials & facilitation was excellent. I recommend this training to anyone interested in getting certified in the EQ-i 2.0"